Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camping

The great outdoors and I have not been the best of friends.  I have been a very reluctant camper who tolerates the muggy bug infested air.  Not to mention we have been rained on while camping as we found out just how non-waterproof our tent really is.  Soooo, tomorrow I will once again be on another camping adventure (Dawn, stop laughing!).  However, I'm a bit more optimistic this time since some very sweet neighbors must have gotten a whisper from God to lend us their pop up camper.  I will never be able to express my gratitude!!!  I AM really looking forward to this trip though.  We will be camping with just about our entire church and we're scheduled to see some great Christian bands on Saturday, provided the rain decides to hold off.  Thom and I have a special place in our hearts for Jars of Clay and now we will get to take our kids to see them!!  The sewing will have to be put on hold for the weekend because I think if I bring my sewing machine with me I would get many dirty looks.  Hey, the campground has electric . . . why not, right?  Yeah, that was given a big fat NO from the family.

One last note for tonight ... I feel so blessed to have "met" a new friend over the phone!  Alicia Paulson you are WAY cool and I feel blessed to get to know you better.  Night everyone!!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment